Welcome to Piano.com Forums. This board is open for everyone to read, but you will need to register before you can post.
Click here to register. It's is fast and easy, so join now and start posting!

Yamaha MODUS H01

edited April 2013 in Electric Pianos
Hi, I recently started using the Yamaha MODUS H01 digital piano at a friends house and I'm having trouble adjusting the tuning. My friend is playing a flute that tunes to A442 instead of A440. Does anyone know how we're supposed to bring the digital piano up to A442?

Comments

• Doesn't the Yamaha website give you an instruction manual?
  • Your friend's flute is wrong.
  • It's not as common in the US, but a lot of European orchestras tune to A442 or sharper - so they also make wind instruments that sit naturally in that range... so it's not wrong, haha...but not exactly turnkey with the stock 440 that most keyboards use as default.

Some orchestras are more extreme though - I've read on some other message boards that the Boston Symphony Orchestra tunes to 444, New York Phil to 443, and Berlin Phil tunes to 445. Sometimes a soloist might even tune a few cents sharper to stick out more. In other words, the orchestra at 442 and the soloist at 444...

I still kind of like 440 myself though, as that's the standard on most keyboards and pianos in the US... I'm more used to that.

Still not entirely sure how to get this Yamaha to change though. It's missing the usual buttons... and I'm hesitant to register on the Yamaha website just to download the user manual...

• To tune up (in about 0.2Hz steps)

Hold the A-1, B-1, and C0 keys simultaneously and press any key between C3 and B3.
    The current pitch setting appears on the display while the key combination is held.

Example:

432.0Hz

To tune down (in about 0.2Hz steps)

Hold the A-1, B-1, and C#0 keys simultaneously and press any key between C3 and B3.
    The current pitch setting appears on the display while the key combination is held.

To initialize standard pitch

Hold the A-1, B-1, C0, and C#0 keys simultaneously and press any key between C3 and
    B3. The current pitch setting appears on the display while the key combination is held.